Getting Started: ·
- Separate the red Target cards from the rest and shuffle each deck.
- Place the decks in the center of the table, leaving space for a discard pile beside the draw pile.
- To determine the order of play, each player selects a Target card; whoever draws the highest HP will deal first.
- Collect all the Target cards and give the red deck to the player to the dealer’s left.
Beginning the round:
- The person to the dealer's left shuffles then randomly draws a new Target from the red deck, turns it up, places it on top of the deck and places it in the middle of the table so that all players can see it.
- The dealer shuffles the blue playing cards then deals five cards to each player, one at a time, then places the rest of the deck below the Target deck, leaving space for a discard pile beside the draw pile.
- Play begins at the dealer's left and moves in a clockwise direction around the table.
Playing your Turn:
- Begin each turn by drawing a card from the blue playing card deck.
- You may then:
- Play 1 attack face up in front of you so that all players can see the Hit value. Your attack cards must be placed in a row, from oldest to newest. When playing a combo attack, place the 3 cards on top of each other making sure your opponents can see the individual cards names. Although it is 3 cards, it counts as one attack. (The individual cards within the combo cannot be swapped, switched, stolen, or discarded.)
- Play 1 strategy card. Their effects vary. Follow the instructions on the card then place it in the discard pile when done.o Pass. If you cannot play an attack or a strategy card, or choose not to, play will pass to the next player.
- Declare the total Hit Value of your Attack List
Ending the Round:
- The round ends immediately after one player has declared a Hit Value equal to or exceeding the Target’s HP. That player has eliminated the Target and wins the round.
- The winning player claims the Target card and places it near them so that all players can see how many Targets each player has claimed.
- If a Join Forces strategy card is played to end a round, the card is placed between the 2 players involved. When counting the final tally of the game, each player will receive half of the reward value indicated in the coin purse. Remember to include all defensive strategy cards in play when counting the Hits total of each player involved in joining forces.
Continuing the Game
- All the blue playing cards are collected and the deck is shuffled.
- The deal passes to the previous dealer's left.
- Start a new round until all Targets have been eliminated.
How to win
- Once all the Targets have been eliminated, each player adds up the reward value of each coin purse found on their earned Target cards. The player with the highest total wins.
- In case of a tie, the players involved must play a tie-breaking round. The first player to eliminate the Crooked Merchant wins the game.
For a shorter game, or just to spice things up, you can choose one of these alternate game styles:
- Prize Purse: Set a reward value amount. The first player to reach or exceed it is the winner.
- Rapid Rounds: Choose a 3-round, 5-round, or 7-round game. The player with the highest reward value after the set number of rounds is the winner.Tyrant Takedown: Instead of working for the reward, you will eliminate the Targets to save the people from their tyranny. The player to eliminate the most Targets wins the love and adoration of the population.
- Tyrant Takedown: Instead of working for the reward, you will eliminate the Targets to save the people from their tyranny. The player to eliminate the most Targets wins the love and adoration of the population – and the game.